Business Manager, New Visions Charter High School for Advanced Math and Science III
The Business Manager plays a central role in maintaining the school's administrative systems and routines. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Business Manager is part of the administrative team responsible for the successful and efficient running of the New Visions Charter High Schools. S/he will work closely with the COO to make sure that operations functions including finance, administration, technology, compliance and general school operations support student achievement and financial success.
The Business Manager is responsible for maintaining all school records, ensuring that all necessary instructional and administrative purchases are made in a timely fashion, reviewing invoices, receiving all goods, preparing check requests and performing basic Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a welcoming and efficient front office that emphasizes organization, professionalism, courtesy, flexibility, and teamwork
- Perform basic Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions in the routine course of dairy operations
- Manage the collection and maintenance of student, personnel, and school information (receiving forms and paperwork, tracking missing forms, managing databases, updating contact information, keeping records current, etc.
- Manage school-wide daily systems (managing student attendance, tracking the student discipline system).
- Coordinate on-site components of school financial systems such as purchase orders, payroll records, grant reports, and financial forms;
- Manage school maintenance and supply systems
- Maintain office equipment and furnishing, and upgrading as needed
- Manage National School Breakfast program, National School Lunch Program, and snacks
- BS in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years experience in operations, finance and/or human resources.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access.
- Experience working in an urban school setting. Previous charter school experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated success in monitoring budgets of at least in excess of $1 million and in managing contracts of at least $50,000.
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to the school vision and mission.
- Rigorous approach to problem-solving—collecting all relevant information, consulting diverse perspectives and creating feedback systems.
- Recognition of self as a learner, able to identify areas for growth and commitment to working in these areas.
- Experience and zeal for working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for creating a school community that supports the development and achievement of all students, particularly those underserved and at risk in other school settings.
- Attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Only candidates who closely fit the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
New Visions for Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.