Fund for Teachers
Since 2003, New Visions for Public Schools has collaborated with Fund for Teachers, a nonprofit organization committed to recognizing outstanding and dedicated teachers across the United States, to award fellowships for summer learning to New York City teachers.
FFT fellowships support the personal and professional development of exceptional teachers by funding summer learning experiences. Successful applicants complete summer projects to support their goals and interests as educators and lifelong learners. They return to the classroom with a renewed commitment to teaching, as well as new insights and skills, further equipped to transform student learning.
Teachers who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for grants of up to:
- $7,500 for an individual with a project in Asia
- $5,000 for an individual with a project elsewhere
- $10,000 for those applying as a team (in all locations)
FFT fellowships fund an extraordinary variety of applicant-designed summer learning projects.
Through their summer projects, Fellows:
- Deepen mastery of content areas
- Develop new instructional strategies
- Return to the classroom with primary source materials
- Create new and enhance existing curricula
- Gain global perspectives
- Cultivate professional relationships with other educators
- Learn about the culture and language of their students
- Serve as role models for students and colleagues by taking on new challenges
For more information about the NYC Fund for Teachers program, please e-mail email@example.com.