Open Teaching Positions
New Visions for Public Schools is currently seeking teachers for our schools!
New Visions seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student's unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities.
If you have the following qualities, credential and experience, please consider joining our team:
- Goal oriented
- Excellent classroom management skills at the high school level
- Effectively interpersonal communication skills with colleagues, parents, and students
- Ability to incorporate reading and writing strategies in daily routines and classroom instruction
- Ability to incorporate hands-on and co-operative learning activities.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- NYS Teaching Certification (or in process of reciprocity)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
To apply, please send your resume and responses to the below questions to email@example.com. In the subject of your e-mail, please specify: “Teach New Visions”.
- In what grade(s) and subject area(s) is your NYS certification?
- Do you currently have authorization to work in the United States?
- Have you ever been fingerprinted by the New York State Dept of Education? If yes, approximately on what date?
- Have you ever been U-rated or discontinued at a NYC public school?
- What type of school are you most interested in (Charter, DOE District School, Both)?
- In which boroughs are you open to teaching (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens or Staten Island)?
- Where did you hear about the position (New Visions website, Teachers-Teachers, TopSchoolJobs, Idealist, etc.)?
- Why do you want to teach in a high-needs school? (200 words or less)
- What challenges do you think you might face that you might not face in other schools, and what specific academic strategies could you use to address these challenges? (200 words or less).
** New Visions is currently unable to accept applications for Elementary and Early Childhood Education Subject Areas.
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. New Visions provides a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to the opportunity to make a significant impact on education reform and in the lives of urban youth.
Below is a list of featured vacancies. If you are interested in any of the below positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which specific position you are interested in. You may list more than one.
For information about qualification requirements and application details, please click here.
2014-2015 Academic Year Vacancies:
Academy for Careers in Television and Film
English as a Second Langauage
Academy of Innovative Technology
Career in Technical Education
FDNY High School for Fire & Life Safety
English as a Second Language
Fort Hamilton High School
High School for Community Leadership
Khalil Gibran International Academy
New Design High School
The Young Women's Leadership School, Queens
West Bronx Academy of the Future