What is the New Visions Scholarship Fund?
With generous support of various donors, the New Visions Scholarship Fund was established to support high school seniors from New Visions schools in attending an accredited four-year college or university. This scholarship awards students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, leadership, strong character, and financial need.
The Fund awards scholarships of up to $20,000 over four years of full-time undergraduate study. The scholarship amount is determined by tuition costs and financial need. The 2017-2018 application application is now closed. Please check back in the Fall of 2018 for information regarding the 2018-2019 application.
Who Will Be Eligible for the 2018-2019 Awards?
Seniors in New Visions schools who will graduate by June 2019 and demonstrate:
- Academic achievement, evidence of rigorous coursework, strong independent learning skills, curiosity, and self-motivation;
- College readiness, ability to excel beyond requirements of difficult high school coursework;
- Leadership in school and community activities;
- Integrity, actions that exhibit strength of character and ethical awareness;
- Resilience and drive in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals;
- Financial need.
How to Apply?
When the 2018-2019 application opens in the Fall of 2018, students will be required to submit the following online:
ONE student essay:
- Prompt: Please describe your interests, accomplishments, challenges and values and how they shape your college and career goals
- TWO letters of recommendation
- ONE signed official student transcript
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or (212) 645-5110